Rasam Powder Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Rasam Powder Recipe - Rasam іѕ а traditional recipe оf south India аnd аnу kind оf meal іѕ incomplete wіthоut hаvіng оur Rasam .
Ingredients for Rasam Powder
- 1 cup coriander seeds
- 25 to 30 dry red chilies
- 8 to 10 curry Leaves
- 1/3 cup toor dal
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
How to cook the recipe
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the coriander seeds and curry leaves. Heat the spices, stirring often, until aromatic - 30 seconds to 1 minute, then transfer the spices to a bowl.
- In the pan, add the toor dal and chana dal and heat, stirring often, until they turn a light brown. Transfer the mix to the plate with the coriander and curry leaves.
- Place the black pepper and cumin seeds in the same pan and heat, stirring often, both until aromatic - 30 seconds to 1 minute, then transfer to the plate with other spices.
- Add the red chilies to the pan and heat them, stirring often, until aromatic.
- Place all ingredients into a spice grinder and grind the spices into a fine powder. Use immediately, or place into an airtight jar for future use.