Idli Podi Masala Powder Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Idli Podi Masala Powder Recipe - Basically a coarse spice mixture condiment used as a side dish for south indian breakfast like idli and dosa.
Ingredients for Idli Podi Masala Powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chana dal
- ½ cup white urad dal
- 10 dried red chilies
- 1 tbsp salt
How to cook the recipe
- Heat a pan and add in a teaspoon of vegetable oil and add quarter cup of chana dal . Roast the chana dal in low flame until golden brown. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- In the same pan add in a teaspoon of vegetable oil and add half cup of white urad dal. Roast the lentil until it smells nutty and the dal turns color. Remove from the pan once the dal is golden. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Add in a teaspoon of vegetable oil and half cup of white sesame seeds. Fry on low flame till golden. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Dry roast red chilies on the same pan until you can smell them. Remove the chilies from the pan and set aside on a plate to cool.
- Add in the cooled and roasted lentils, red chilies to the mixie and add in the salt .
- Grind the ingredients to the consistency you like. You can grind it fine, slightly coarse or to a coarse powder.
- Enjoy with idlis!