Susiyam is one of the traditional sweet prepared during festivals in South Indian. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.You can make these for any festivals or even as a tea time snack. This is done by boiled channa dal, grated coconut with jaggery and coated with maida. Jaggery can also be substituted with brown sugar.
For more snacks recipe
How to Make Susiyam Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- A pinch of salt
- Water as needed
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 1 cup Cooked Chana Dal
- 2 to 3 cup Water
- 1/4 cup grated Coconut
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
How to cook the recipe
- Take Chana dal in a pressure cooker, add in 2 to 3 cup of water. Pressure cook for 7 whistle and set aside.
- In a bowl add cooked chana dal, jaggery, grated coconut , cardamom powder, ghee and mix well. add this mixture in a pan
- Keep cooking this till it is thick. switch off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Divide it into small balls.
- Make batter, by mixing flour and water to a smooth batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Dip the ball in flour batter and deep fry till crispy.