It is a very easy vegetable stir fry recipe. This carrot poriyal recipe can be made using fresh carrots after peeling the skin and chopping them into small cubes. You can also grate the carrot and use them in this carrot stir fry recipe.
Its such an easy to make stir fry recipe. Tastes great with sambar rice, kuzhambu and also with rasam and plain rice.It can also be a perfect kids lunch box recipe. Try making this simple and healthy carrot poriyal recipe.
For more vegetable recipe
How to make Carrot Poriyal Recipe
Ingredients for Carrot Poriyal
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- few curry leaves
- 1 dry red chili broken
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 3 small Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Fresh Coconut
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add urad dal ,curry leaves ,dry red chili and stir-fry for 10-20 seconds or until turns slightly light brown.
- Add chopped onion. Sauté until onion turns pink.
- Add carrot ,red chili powder ,turmeric powder and salt.cover and cook until soft and tender.
- Add grated coconut.Mix well and cook for a minute
- Turn off flame and transfer it to a serving bowl. Tempting carrot poriyal is ready.
- Serve carrot poriyal with rice.