Bread Upma Recipe | How to Make Bread Upma Recipe
Bread Upma - Bread upma is a quick, easy breakfast recipe that is filled with masala.Most commonly served in South India.
Ingredients for Bread Upma
- 3 cups roughly torn bread pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1½ tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
How to cook the recipe
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilies and onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while mashing lightly with the help of a ladle.
- Add the tomato ketchup, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the bread, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.