Chilli chicken is one of the most popular Indo-Chinese style chicken appetizer or starter. It is originally a chinese recipe, but due to its large adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes it becomes Indo Chinese cuisine. For vegetarian people, instead of using chicken we can use mushroom, potato , paneer to try this recipe.
In India, we used to prepare wide varieties of chilli chicken by changing some its ingredients. Below are the few different types of chilli chicken which I got to know from my friends from different states of India
- Green chilli chicken.
- Tangrai chilli chicken.
- Chinese chilli chicken.
- Bengal chilli chicken and many more
Mainly in this dish, I use boneless chicken but some would recommend to use chicken with bones which will give us different taste.
Chicken pieces are marinated using egg, pepper, salt , sugar, soy sauce, chilli sauce. After marinating for couple of hours, deep fry the chicken pieces and then try to season the pieces with the sauces again. It will finally comes out tasty and delicious. Please checkout the detailed instructions below.
Chilli chicken is a good side dish for vegetable fried rice. Check it out here Vegetable Fried Rice
The Best Chilli Chicken Recipe | How to make Chilli Chicken Dry & Gravy | Easy Chicken Recipes
For Marination :
- 500 gms Chicken Boneless Breast
- 01 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ajinomoto
- 01 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 01 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 150 ml Water Luke Warm
- 01 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- 01 Cup All Purpose Flour
For Preparation :
- 500 ml Sesame Oil
- 05 Green Chillies
- 08 Garlic Cloves
- 01 inch Ginger
- 01 tsp Corn Flour
- 01 Onion Diced
- 01 Red Bell Pepper
- 01 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 01 Green Capsicum
- 01 tbsp Spoon Soy Sauce
- 01 tbsp Spoon Vinegar
- 02 tbsp Spoon Red Chilli Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 01 tsp Ajinomoto
- 1 bunch spring onion
How to cook the recipe
- Add the Boneless Chicken Breast pieces to a bowl, and wash them throroughly.
- Marinate the Chicken, by adding the ingredients mentioned in the marination process except egg, corn flour and all purpose flour, leave for 15 minutes.
- Now to the marinated chicken pieces bowl, Add Egg, Corn Flour and All Purpose Flour, mix well.
- Fry the Chicken Pieces in Sesame Oil at medium flame until they are 70% cooked, keep these chicken pieces aside while the Oil in the Wok gets hot.
- Once again add the 70% cooked chicken pieces to the Hot Sesame oil in the Wok, and cook them until they turn Crisp from the outside.
- In the same Wok which you used to deep fry the chicken above, remove excess Sesame oil and only retain 1 Laddle of Sesame Oil for preparing our Chilli Chicken Recipe Sauce.
- When Sesame oil is hot enough, Add Ginger & Garlic followed by Onions, Red & Yellow Bell Peppers, Capsicum, Green Chillies, and saute while the flame is on High.
- Mix a tsp of Corn Flour with 1/4 Cup of Water and add it to the Wok as a thickner.
- Reduce the flame to Low, and Add Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Red Chilli Sauce, Salt and Pepper for Seasoning, Ajinomoto and saute` at a low flame.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve Chilli Chicken Hot, Enjoy 🙂