Cabbage Poriyal Recipe | South Indian Recipe
Cabbage Poriyal Recipe - Cabbage Poriyal is a simple,healthy and flavorful South Indian side. It is the perfect side to have along with rice .
Ingredients for Cabbage Poriyal
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Chana dal
- 1/2 tsp Broken Urad dal
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 large Green chili finely chopped
- 4 Garlic sliced
- 1/2 medium Onion sliced
- 1/2 medium Cabbage finely chopped or sliced
- Salt - for taste
- 2 tsp Grated coconut
How to cook the recipe
- First heat a large pan with oil and add the mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add the chana and urad dal. Once the dal start to change color add the curry leaves, green chili and continue to saute until the dals turns golden brown in color.
- Now add the garlic, onion and saute until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the cabbage, salt and saute for 1 min. Cook covered in medium flame for about 10 mins until the cabbage is cooked. Increase the flame to high and saute for 5 - 10 mins until the cabbage is completely dry.
- Add the coconut and mix well. Turn off the flame.
- Serve hot as a side for rice and gravy.