Whole wheat puttu served with coconut milk is south Indian dish for morning breakfast or evening snack. This puttu is more healthy for kids and everyone. This is prepared by mixing wheat puttu flour with salt and Ghee and boil the wheat puttu flour in idli or puttu maker vessel .
For more puttu recipe
How to Make Whole Wheat Flour Puttu Recipe | Godhumai Puttu Recipe | Gothambu Puttu Recipe
Ingredients for wheat puttu
- 2 cup Wheat flour / godhumai maavu
- 5 tbsp Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 5 tbsp Sugar or add as needed
- Water as required
- Salt as required
How to cook the recipe
- Dry roast wheat flour over medium or low flame, for about 5 minutes or until you get nice aroma and raw smell goes. By the time wheat flour would have changed its color to a slightly brown color not too dark. Remove from the stove.
- Transfer roasted wheat flour immediately to a mixing bowl. Add salt and mix well. When the flour is completely cooled to room temperature, sprinkle water little by little to the flour and mix gently. The flour should look slightly crumbly texture.
- preheat idly cooker / puttu maker, spread the crumbly flour and grated coconut and steam it for 10 minutes or until well cooked. Allow them to cool.
- Bring back the cooked puttu to the mixing bowl, add required sugar and ghee, mix everything well together and serve immediately.