Vendhaya sadam Recipe | Coimbatore Style Recipe | Fenugreek Rice Recipe
Vendhaya sadam Recipe - Fenugreek seeds Rice is a popular Lunch recipe of Tamil people in South India we call it as Vendhiya Saadam
Ingredients for Vendhaya Sadam
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 Tomato
- 2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 Onion
- 2 red Chili
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 6 Garlic
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 3 Cinnamon
- 4 Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
How to cook the recipe
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 min.
- In a cooker add Oil when the oil became hot then add Cinnamon and Cardamom and fry until the raw smell goes.
- Add Cloves and Fenugreek seeds while the Fenugreek seeds spluttering you will feel the aroma of Fenugreek Seeds.
- Then add the Onion and Chopped Garlic fry until Onion became transparent.
- Add red Chili, Chopped Coriander and Chopped Tomato and Turmeric powder and red chili powder fry until the raw smell goes.
- Then add 2 cups of water, Rice, Ghee and Salt.
- Close the lid and give 3 whistle .
- Enjoy the vendhaya sadam .