Vendhaya kuzhambu is a South Indian curry prepared with methi seeds as a main ingredient and cooked in tamarind based gravy. The rich flavor & tangy vendhaya kuzhambu goes very well along with cooked rice, any kootu or poriyal variety and with papad or appalam.
For more kulambu recipe
How to make Vendhaya kuzhambu Recipe
Ingredients for Vendhaya kuzhambu
- 2 tbsp methi seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10 Shallot onions
- 2 chopped tomato
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 6 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 7 buds garlic
- Tamarind- small goose berry size soak it in water
- Curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- In a heated dry pan, add 2 tsp methi seeds and saute it well till the colour changes. Grind these fried methi seeds and make a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter, add curry leaves and stir fry for 10-20 seconds or until turns slightly light brown.
- Add shallot onion, sauté until onion turns pink, add garlic buds and saute well.
- Once onion and garlic sauteed well , add chopped tomatoes, salt and saute well till gets cooked well.
- Then add tamarind water extract to this and add little more water if required.
- You can add little more water to this gravy now because the gravy will get dried when you add the methi seeds powder.
- Once the gravy started boiling, add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, and mix it well. Allow it to boil for 5-10 minutes you will see the oil gets separated.
- Vendhaya kulambu is ready.