Ven Pongal recipe | Festival Recipe
Ven Pongal Recipe - It is an outstanding South Indian style recipe. It's light, delicious and goes beautifully with both sambhar and chutney.
Ingredients for Ven Pongal
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Moong dal
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- Salt and water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 200 gram Ghee as you wish
- Cashew nuts to taste -as you wish
How to cook the recipe
- Wash and soak the rice and dal together for around 10/15 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water, rice, moong dal with required salt and pressure cook for 5 whistles or cook with a heavy bottom vessel until it boils smooth.
- Wait until the pressure gets released by itself. Heat ghee in the medium flame, once hot add pepper, cumin seeds, cashew and curry leaves.
- Add it your Ven Pongal South Indian style dish is ready to serve. Pongal dish is a superb accompany for coconut chutney, sambar, and Vada.