Udaitha Muttai Kulambu Recipe | South Indian Recipe | Udaitha Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe
Udaitha Muttai Kulambu Recipe - It is simple tasty curry with egg cooked on top of the curry and gently mixed before serving.
Ingredients for Udaitha Muttai Kulambu
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Big Onion small sized chopped finely
- 1 Tomato small sized chopped finely
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Chicken Masala powder or Garam Masala - 1/5 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup Coconut
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
How to cook the recipe
- In a pan heat a tsp of oil add onion , tomato and saute till mushy and raw smell of tomatoes leave. Cool down , transfer this to a mixer and grind it along with coconut,fennel seeds to a fine paste,Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter then add onion and tomato,fry till raw smell of tomatoes leave.Then add the onion , tomato , coconut paste along with red chilli and coriander powders and chicken masala and saute for 3mins.
- Then add 1 cup water,required salt and allow it to boil till raw smell completely leaves. Now crack the eggs and carefully drop them in the curry, leave it undisturbed.
- Close it with a lid and cook till eggs turn firm and get cooked.Allow the curry to boil for 2-3mins until oil seperates. Dont stir the kuzhambu till the eggs are cooked.
- Serve hot with rice or chapathi or poori or naan .