Dumroot Halwa is famous sweet recipe in karaikal. It is nothing but halwa made of yellow pumpkin and it doesn’t take much time and very less ingredients. This is very rich and delicious halwa that you can prepare for parties and also for all occasions.
For more dessert recipes
How to make Karaikal Dumroot Halwa Recipe | South Indian Sweets Recipe
Ingredients Dumroot Halwa
- 2 cup grated yellow pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp khoya
- A pinch cardamom powder
- Few cashews
- food colour optional
How to cook the recipe
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the grated pumpkin and saute well, saute till they are start releasing water or for approx 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
- Once it reaches the thick consistency, add sugar and mix well.
- Add the food colour, cook the mixture stirring, often till it thickens, add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Now add 1 tsp of ghee in a another pan and add khoya and fry well. once it become little crisp remove it.
- Add the khoya with the halwa mixture and mix well, the consistency of the halwa should like be a pudding or pumpkin puree. You can thicken it more if you want.
- Finally add the fried nuts and serve hot or cold.