Tomato Rice Recipe | How to prepare Easy Tomato Rice Recipe
Tomato Rice Recipe - Tomato Rice is a famous South Indian recipe. It is very delicious and an easy to prepare dish. This tomato rice is tangy and tasty and can be made very easily.
Ingredients for Tomato Recipe
- 3 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 1½ cups basmati rice soaked and drained
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh coriander sprig for garnishing
How to cook the recipe
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté till the seeds change colour.
- Add ginger and garlic, mix and sauté well. Add onions, mix and sauté till translucent.
- Add tomatoes and mix. Add salt, mix well, cover and cook till soft and pulpy.
- Add chilli powder and garam masala powder, mix well, cover and cook till the fat separates.
- Add coriander leaves, rice and 3 cups water, stir to mix, cover and cook till fully done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.