Tomato Rasam Recipe | Thakkali Rasam Recipe
Tomato Rasam Recipe - A south Indian dish which is usually watery and doesn't have a thick consistency like sambar.
- 1 Tomatoes
- 500 Ml Water
- 25 Gram Tamarind
For rasam powder:
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 Red chili broken
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 Coriander leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Crush garlic and chop tomatoes.
- Soak the tamarind and extract the pulp
- Roast the ingredients for the rasam powder and grind until fine.
- Boil the tomatoes till the lentils are mashed and set aside.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, leave until it crackles.
- Add the crushed garlic, red chilli , curry leaves and the coriander leaves.
- Mix the water to get the required rasam consistency.
- Mix the tamarind pulp. Add the rasam powder.
- Boil for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- serve hot.