Tomato rasam is one of the recipe which is preferred during lunch and dinner by most of the south Indians.It helps in good digestion. This recipe can be prepared very soon with in 10 minutes. South Indian Meals will never complete without rasam.
For more recipes
How to make Easy Tomato Rasam Recipe
Tomato rasam is one of the recipe which is preferred during lunch and dinner by most of the south Indians.
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients Tomato Rasam
- 2 small size tomato
- 2 tbsp Pigeon Peas
- 2 tsp black Pepper
- 1 cup tamarind Puree
- 2 tsp coriander Seeds
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1 tsp cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek Seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- 2 dry Red Chillies
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric Powder
How to cook the recipe
- Heat a pan add Pigeon Peas, Black Pepper, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Fenugreek Seeds in a pan, let's dry roast it. keep it aside.
- Add water and tomatoes in a pan and bring to boil it.
- Once masala powder has cool down, let's grind it into powder.
- Next, add tomatoes in the mixer, let's make pure
- Starin the puree in the strainer.
- Take oil in the pan, once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilies, Curry leaves, Let's fry it.
- Next, add Tomato puree, salt and turmeric powder. Let's mix it.
- Add masala powder, garlic, coriander leaves, let it boil for sometime.
- Finally, serve Tomato Rasam with rice.