Learn how to cook thakkali kurma recipe, it goes well with idly, dosa and chapathi. It takes less time to prepare and tastes great.
For more recipes
How to Cook Tomato Kurma Recipe | Thakkali Kurma Recipe
How to make tasty and spicy tomato kurma recipe. Simple and easy kurma which goes well with Dosa and Idli.
Servings: 4 people
Ingredients Thakkali Kurma
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 big chopped onions
- 3 medium size chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cloves
- 1 cinnamon
- coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tbsp gringer&garlic paste
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
How to cook the recipe
- In a mixi add fennel seeds, green chilli, gringer&garlic paste and coconut and let's grind it into paste. keep it aside.
- In a pan add fennel seeds and let them splutter, add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and chopped onions fry for a min and add chopped tomatoes and fry until slightly mushy.
- Add salt to taste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix well and add little water. close with lid, cook for 5-7 mins. open the lid add the coconut paste and mix it well.
- Let's cook for 5 mins, add Coriander leaves and switch off.
- Serve hot with dosa, idli or chapathi.