Millets Pongal is a healthy and tasty alternate to the traditional Ven pongal made from rice. We can use any available millets like little millet, foxtail millet, kodo millet etc. Millets are rich in fiber and protein.Millets are one of the healthiest grain and rich nutrient food.
For more recipes
How to make Thinai Pongal Recipe | Foxtail Millet Pongal Recipe | Breakfast Recipes | Festival Recipe
Ingredients for Thinai Pongal
- 1/2 cup Millet
- 1/2 cup moong dhal
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 1 piece ginger finely chopped
- 4 tbsp ghee
- curry leaves
- Cashew nuts
How to cook the recipe
- Wash and soak the millet and moong dal together for around 1 hour.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water, millet, moong dal with required salt, turmeric powder and pressure cook for 4 whistles or cook with a heavy bottom vessel until it boils smooth.
- Wait until the pressure gets released by itself. Heat ghee in the medium flame, once hot add peppercorn, cumin seeds, grated ginger, cashew and curry leaves.
- Add it your millet Pongal.
- Millet Pongal is a superb accompany for coconut chutney or sambar.