This Homemade Turkey Chili Recipe is super easy to put together and the perfect way to warm up on a cold evening when you are hungry and looking for something warm and satisfying. Spice it up a little with some cayenne pepper and feel good knowing that you made the recipe from lean ground turkey.
Delicious healthy turkey chili recipe | Homemade turkey chili recipe
Ingredients turkey chili
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oregano
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp black ground pepper
- 1/4 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of kidney beans drained
How to cook the recipe
- In a large skillet, cook ground meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Transfer the meat to a bowl. Drain excess grease from skillet, but do not clean.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic,and parsley and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until combined.
- If cooking the chili stovetop, add the cooked meat back to the skillet. If using a slow cooker, add meat-veggie mixture to the slow cooker. Add the tomato juice, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce,and kidney beans to either the skillet or slow cooker, depending on which you are using. On stovetop, bring to a boil, dial back to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours. In slow cooker, cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Turkey chili is ready to serve.