Pancakes makes the most perfect soft and fluffy pancakes. Using ingredients you should already have in your kitchen you can easily make these pancakes from scratch for brunch or breakfast this weekend.
Pancakes may be served at any time of the day with a variety of toppings or fillings but in America they are typically considered a breakfast food.
Easy homemade pancake recipe | How to make american pancake recipe
- 1½ Cups|190g Flour
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1¼ Cups|310ml Milk
- ¼ Cup|60g Melted Butter + more for cooking
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
How to cook the recipe
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt with a wooden spoon. Set to the side.
- In a smaller bowl crack in the egg and pour in the milk.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla essence to the egg and milk and use a fork to mix together until everything is well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Fold the batter together with a wooden spoon until there are no longer any large lumps.
- To cook the pancakes heat a heavy based pan like cast iron over medium low heat. When the pan is hot add a small amount of butter and ⅓ cup of the pancakes batter.
- Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes stacked high with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy.