Hummus in Arabic means chickpeas and the complete dish which is today referred as Humus. This hummus dips are mainly used for chips and much more. It is also called as hummus bi tahina which means chick peas blended with tahini. Savored all over the Middle East, the hummus is also a regular cuisine in Egypt and Turkey.
Hummus recipes 4 varieties Avocado, Tomato , Chutney & Plain Hummus
Easy and Healthy Homemade Hummus Recipe | Dessert hummus recipe vegan low calorie
Hummus Recipe - This hummus recipe is not only easy and simple,you can also add in any other spices you'd like as well to fit what you're looking for, not to mention that this hummus recipe is also vegan.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- Ingredients Hummus Recipe
- Chickpeas and garlic for garnishing
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
- sliced tomato for garnishing
- 2 cups chickpeas soaked, pressure cooked and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini
- 10 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon mint-coriander chutney
- 2 teaspoons tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon dried tomato powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 avocado pulp
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
How to cook the recipe
- To prepare hummus, grind together chickpeas, tahini, garlic cloves, salt, some chilled strained chickpea water and ½ cup oil to a paste. Add remaining oil and grind to a smooth paste.
- Divide the hummus into 4 equal portions in different bowls.
- To prepare chutney hummus, add tamarind pulp and mint-coriander chutney and mix well.
- To prepare tomato hummus, add dried tomato powder and lemon juice and mix well.
- To prepare avocado hummus, deseed, scoop out avocado pulp,add lemon juice ,paprika and mix well.
- Put the plain hummus, chutney hummus, tomato hummus and avocado hummus in 4 different serving bowls and garnish with a mint sprig, and sliced tomato.
- Serve with lavash.