Chili Paneer is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe eaten as an appetizer or main course as well. Now you can also make this restaurant style chili paneer at home .This Chili Paneer recipe which is hot and spicy. It can be serving as starter or served as a side dish with your favorite fried rice. Paneer Chili is an innovative recipe with the traditional paneer is a combination of the best of Indian and Chinese Chili Paneer is a simple dish made from paneer (soft cheese), bell peppers, green chilies and other spices to give it a nice yummy taste. ..
In India, we used to prepare wide varieties of paneer by changing some its ingredients. Below are the few different types of paneer which I got to know from my friends from different states of India.
- Palak Paneer.
- Paneer Tikka.
- Paneer Tikka Masala.
- Paneer Bhurji.
- Kadai Paneer.
- Paneer Pakora.
- Paneer 65.
- Rasgulla and many more
Chili Paneer Dry is an Indian-Chinese vegetarian starter, but you may substitute the paneer & use either mushrooms, tofu or Chicken to make “Chili Mushrooms” or “Chili Chicken“.
This versatile dish with paneer and green chilies can be served as a starter or as an accompaniment to the main meal.
Paneer pieces are marinated using pepper, salt , soy sauce. After marinating for couple of hours, deep fry the paneer pieces and then try to season the pieces with the sauces again. It will finally comes out tasty and delicious. Please checkout the detailed instructions below.
Chili Paneer is a good side dish for vegetable fried rice. Check it out here vegetable fried rice
Also check for Homemade Paneer
Paneer Chilli Recipe | How To Make Chili Paneer | Easy Paneer Recipe | Indo Chinese Recipe
Ingredients Paneer Chilli
- 1 cup Thickly Sliced Assorted Capsicums
- 1 Large Red Onion Petals
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 8 Sliced Green Chillies
- 350 gm Paneer
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Salt and pepper as required
- 3 tbsp Refined Flour
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- 3 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper as required
- Oil for frying
- Fresh coriander leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Dice the capsicums into rough traingles after removing the cap and the seeds. Cut the red onion in 6 pieces. Take the ginger and garlic and chop both into fine julians. Slice the green chillies in thick slices after removing the caps. Take the cottage cheese and cut it into cubes gently.
- Take refined flour, rice flour, corn flour, salt, dark soy sauce, black pepper powder and water at room temperature and mix these ingredients with whisk.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot take the Paneer cubes and dip them into the batter one by one and fry them in the oil till golden brown on all sides.
- Add oil in a pan and heat it on a high flame. Once the oil is hot add the ginger, garlic and green chillies to it. Cook for 30-40 seconds. Add the capsicums and the onion and toss it in a pan. Keep the flame high all the time. Add the fried Paneer cubes after a few seconds and toss them on high flame. Add salt to taste, dark soy sauce, freshly ground black pepper and give it a quick toss. Add some fresh coriander leaves and give it a quick final toss.
- Paneer Chilli is ready to be served.