Chili beans are beans cooked with a ground meat chili sauce. Chili beans are usually made with pinto beans, though you can also use kidney beans or black beans. We make our chili beans with kidney beans and serve them over rice.
Chilli Beans Recipes | The Best Chili Recipe | Homemade Chili Beans Recipes
Chilli Beans - This is homemade chili with light red kidney beans recipe.This chili might be a little on the spicy side, a little greasy(oily), but so good.The recipe utilizes a variety of spices create one of the best pots of chili you can cook up.It's perfect for Indian and Middle Eastern dishes.
Ingredients Chilli Beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 to matoes finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/5 red kidney beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup sour cream to serve
- fresh coriander leaves to serve
How to cook the recipe
- Soak kidney beans overnight. Drain and take it in a pressure cooker, cover with water, add salt and pressure cook for 5 whistle . Take off the heat and let the steam go by itself.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until onion softens slightly. Add coriander,cumin and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, water,salt and beans to pan. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve rice topped with chilli beans, sour cream and coriander leaves.