Sriracha is frequently used as a dipping sauce, particularly for seafood. Sriracha appears as a condiment for fried noodles, a topping for spring roll, and in sauces.Sriracha is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar ,sugar and salt.Sriracha is also eaten in soup,on eggs and burgers,Jams,and lollipops.
Famous “Sriracha” sauce is named after the town of “Sri Racha” in Thailand where it originated, but this is not what we consume here in the United States.
Sriracha sauce recipe | How to make homemade sriracha sauce recipe
Ingredients Srirach sauce
- 30 red jalapeno
- 50 red thai chilis 40 red serrano peppers for less spice
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
How to cook the recipe
- Take off the stems of the peppers. Roughly chop the peppers (take out seeds and pith for less spice) Add to a blender.
- Blend for a few seconds then add then add the salt and sugar. Blend again for 2-3 minutes until a smooth puree.
- Place the pepper puree into a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in a cool dark place for 3 days to ferment. Stir daily.
- On the 3rd day, set a small pot under a fine mesh strainer, pushing as much of the pulp as possible through the strainer into the sauce. Discard remaining pulp, seeds, and skin left in strainer.
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the pot.
- Reduce the liquid over a low/medium heat stirring occasionally. reduce the liquid until it is just a bit more liquid then sriracha sauce (hot liquid will become thicker when it cools)
- Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!