Thakkali Kulambu Recipe | Coimbatore Style Recipe
Thakkali Kulambu Recipe - It is an absolute favorite and every family in Coimbatore has a version of this curry in their repertoire.
Ingredients for Thakkali Kulambu
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red chillies
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp white poppy seeds
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil, saute onion, garlic, Red chilli until onion turn brown .
- Add fennel seeds, white poppy seeds and mix well .
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy
- put in grated coconut, salt and mix well.
- Grind it to a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal.
- pour the ground masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder and add water. Let it boil for 5 min on medium flame.
- serve Hot with dosa/idli.