Learn how to make thakkali bhaji. This tomato chutney is called as thakkali bajji in the Coimbatore region. Very easy to make and tasty too .
For more sidedish recipes
Thakkali Bhaji Recipe | Coimbatore Style Thakkali Bajji Recipe
Thakkali Bhaji Recipe - This tomato chutney is called as thakkali bajji in the Coimbatore region. Very easy to make and tasty too .
Ingredients for Thakkali Bhaji
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder
How to cook the recipe
- Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds, Pop in urad dal and chana dal
- Once it changes color, add chopped onions and chopped garlic .
- Fry for a min and add in chopped tomatoes and fry until slightly mushy.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix well and little water. cook for 5- 10 mins. mash it well.
- Serve hot with dosa, idli or chapati .