Coconut Poli is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Dessert. Thengai poli is another delicious variety of poli. There are two main variations of sweet poli they differ in their stuffing one is stuffed with coconut and other is stuffed with channa dal .This sweet poli recipe is enjoyed by both kids and adults.
For more dessert recipes
How to Make Sweet Coconut Poli Recipe | Thengai Poli Recipe | Coconut Poli Recipe with Wheat Flour
Coconut Poli is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Dessert. Thengai poli is another delicious variety of poli.
Prep Time1 hr
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
Servings: 2 people
Ingredients for Coconut Poli
To Make Dough
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Oil
To Make Filling
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
How to cook the recipe
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, oil, salt and mix well, add water gradually and knead it, Knead the dough for 1 hour.
- Boil the jaggery with little water till it completely melts, add fresh shredded coconut and cardamom powder. Saute till the mixture thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Make into small lime sized balls and set aside on a plate.
- Apply oil generously to your hands and take a small dough and place it on a banana leaf or a baking sheet.
- Start pressing the dough to form a circle. Place the pooranam / stuffing ball in the middle of the dough and start covering the dough by pinching in the top.
- Apply oil to your hands and start pressing the ball gently to spread. Gently keep pressing the dough to evenly spread and form a circle.
- Heat a pan, and place the flattened poli over it.
- Add ghee and cook the poli till it turns golden brown in color.
- Your coconut poli is ready.
- Happy cooking.