Sticky rice is a traditional summer dessert because mangoes are in season during the summer months of April and May in Thailand. A ripe mango that has sweet taste eats with sweet sticky rice topping with coconut cream. A great dessert to finish with any Thai meal.
For more dessert recipes
How to Make Thai Sticky Mango Rice Recipe | Ripe Mango Rice Recipe | Thai Mango Rice Recipe
Ingredients for Sticky rice with mango
- 2 cups Thai glutinous rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar add more if you want it sweeter
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 ripe mangoes diced/sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish(optional)
How to cook the recipe
- First wash the rice, until the water clears. Soak rice for atleast 1 hour or overnight if you want it to cook faster. In a vessel add glutinous rice, water, and salt. Cook it for 20 - 25 minutes on medium flame. When the rice is cooked lower the flame and transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- In another pan add coconut milk, sugar and salt give it a mix and allow the sugar to dissolve completely. Add half of coconut milk sauce into rice, mix well, and let it cool and soak for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add cornstarch, 1 tablespoon cold water and mix well and ensure that there are no lumps formed. Add into the coconut milk sauce and keep on stirring constantly, so that it doesn't stick to the base. Once the coconut milk sauce is nice and thick, turn the flame off.
- Serve mango slices along with rice, sprinkle sesame seeds, and add sweetened coconut milk sauce on top of rice and mangoes.
- Your sticky mango rice is ready.