This south Indian ghee rice recipe prepares simple, aromatic mildly spiced rice with nuts and mixed spices. This is one of the most simplest and easiest recipe.It is a very popular dish goes well with dal, veg currries and great with non-veg curries.
You can serve this ghee rice with
Tamilnadu Style Ghee rice Recipe | How to make Ghee Rice Recipe
Ingredients for ghee rice
- 1 1/2 cup of basmati rice soak 20 minutes
- half piece cinnamon
- 4 green chili
- 2 star anise
- salt to taste
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 12 cashew
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 ½ cup of water
How to cook the recipe
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker add ghee and roast cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- Add cinnamon ,bay leaf, star anise, cloves, cardamom , and green chilli.
- Add the soaked rice and mix well add water and salt and cover the lid of the cooker. Wait for 5-6 whistle.Switch of the flame. Cool it .Open the lid .
- Ghee rice is ready .
- Add cashews top of the rice and serve.