Chapati also known as roti, shabaati, phulka, is an unleavened flat bread which is made in almost every part of India. Chapati are made of whole wheat flour known as atta, mixed into dough with water and salt in a mixing utensil called a parat and is cooked on a tawa. If you are diet conscious, it is recommended to have chapati every day.
For more breakfast recipes
How to Make Authentic Chapati Recipe | Indian Flat Bread Recipe
Ingredients for chapati
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 5 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- In a large bowl add whole wheat flour, add 2-3 tbsp oil and salt and mix well.Add some water and knead into a dough.
- Add 2 tbsp oil and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out into chapati dusting with flour.
- Heat a tawa.
- Roast the prepared chapatis equally from both sides on the hot pan and later directly on flame.
- Soft and perfect chapatti are ready to be served.