Akki rotti is a very famous dish that is mostly served at breakfast in the southern of Karnataka. It is a very simple dish made out of rice flour. You can serve this akki rotti with coconut chutney,tomato chutney,and also with sambar.
For more breakfast recipes
How to make Plain Akki Rotti Recipe | Rice Flour Rotti Recipe
Ingredients for Akki Rotti
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 small size grated carrot
- Water as needed
- 1 finely chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- chopped coriander leaves
- Oil as needed
How to cook the recipe
- Mix chopped onion, grated carrots, chopped coriander leaves to rice flour and give a nice mix.
- Now add water to rice flour mixture and make a loose dough.
- Take a muslin cloth and damp with water, take big lump of the rice flour dough and pat them on the damp cloth as thin as possible with the help of water
- Once the Rotti is ready, heat tawa and spread some oil.
- Transfer Rotti from cloth to tawa.
- Cook both the sides of Rotti for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Akki Rotti is ready.
- Serve hot with any chutney.