Sorakkai kootu is the easiest recipes from south India. Simple and delicious side dish recipe with lots of health benefits. Also you can add some grated coconut for this recipe it will give you extra taste. Tamil Nadu style sorakkai kootu curry recipe with pasi paruppu.
For more recipes
How to make Sorakkai Kootu Recipe | Bottle Gourd Kootu Recipe
Ingredients Sorakkai Kootu
- 2 cups chopped sorakkai Bottle gourd
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 2 tbsp moong dal
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 4 green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 shallot onion
- A pinch of hing
- 1 tsp rice flour
- How to cook the recipe
- In a mixi add coconut, green chilli, small onion, hing, salt to taste and rice flour and let's grind it into paste. keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add moong dal, chana dal, chopped sorakkai, turmeric powder, add 2cups of water and cook for 4 whistle.
- Wait until the pressure gets released by itself. open the lid add the coconut paste and mix it well.
- Lets cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a another pan, add mustard seeds and let them splutter, add urad dal and curry leaves and saute for 5 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Add the tempered mixture to the cooked sorakkai kootu.
- Your sorakkai kootu is ready.