Ashoka halwa is also known as Moong Dal Halwa or Pasi paruppu halwa and its very famous in Thiruvaiyaru City of Tamil Nadu – India. This halwa is very easy to make and only requires 3 basic ingredients moong dal, wheat flour and sugar.
For more recipes
How to make Thiruvaiyaru Ashoka Halwa Recipe | Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
It has a structure similar to wheat halwa. It gives large quality.Making time is very quick.
Ingredients for Ashoka Halwa
- 1 cup moong dal paasi paruppu
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- pinch food colour
- few cashew
How to cook the recipe
- Dry roast dhal for 4 minutes, until it is golden color. Wash it, cook along water for 4-5 whistles. Mash it smooth.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp ghee, first fry cashew nuts until golden, keep aside.
- Fry wheat flour in the same hot ghee it until fragrant, taking care not to burn it. Keep aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat the cooked dal with sugar. Add ghee 1 tbsp at a time and mix well.
- Add the food color and mix well, and add ghee little by little.
- When it comes rotating in kadai, add cashew nut, cardamom and finally the fried wheat flour with ghee.
- Once you add wheat flour, the mixture will thicken and keep mixing, it will start leaving the pan. Cook in medium flame.
- Once halwa consistency reaches, switch off the stove.
- Mouth melting Ashoka Halwa is ready.