Shahi tukda is a simple and delicious recipe make from milk and bread. This is a lovely dessert that can be easily made at home..It is also known as Double ka meetha ( Indian bread pudding). A famous Hyderabadi dessert. This recipe has it’s roots to Mughalai cuisine. It is particularly prepared during the festive month of Ramadan and on Eid.
The recipe uses bread, condensed milk, and dry fruits.If you want to eat something sweet then get set go in kitchen and prepare this guilt free instant sweet.
For more Dessert Recipe
Hyderabadi Shahi Tukda recipe | Bread Shahi Tukda Recipe | How to make Healthy Shahi Tukda Recipe
For milk mixture
- 370 ml evaporated milk
- 150-170 ml sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup khoa
- ½ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 pinch saffron
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp sliced pistachios
- 2 tbsp sliced cashew
For Toasted Bread
- 6-8 bread slices
- Ghee/oil for toasting as required
How to cook the recipe
- Remove brown sides of bread using a sharp knife. Then cut into triangles or leave as is in square shape.
- In a pan, heat ghee and toast both sides of bread slices until light golden brown in color and crisp. Don’t burn. It may change the flavor also. Repeat the same for all slices.
- In a small pan, add 1 tbsp ghee, add nuts, then fry for a few seconds just to change color. Set aside.
- In a pan, add evaporated milk, condensed milk, saffron and cardamom powder. Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes to combine everything.
- Then add Khoya and dissolve it completely. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cool this mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange toasted bread slices. Pour the milk over arrange bread. Sprinkle nuts, Garnish with sliced almonds.
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours so that bread could absorb milk properly.
- Serve chilled.