Matar paneer is a popular dish from North India made with Peas and Paneer cooked in a awesome gravy. This dish is served in many restaurants under Paneer recipes in Tamil Nadu. This is an excellent gravy for chapathi / naan and also goes very well with rice.
For more paneer recipe
How to Make Shahi Matar Paneer Recipe | Mutter Paneer Recipe
Ingredients for Shahi Matar Paneer
- 1 cup shelled green peas matar
- 200 grams paneer cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 onions finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes puréed
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- few chopped fresh coriander leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and onions and sauté till lightly browned.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Add green chillies, tomato purée, salt to taste and cup of water and cook for 5-7 minutes.Add green peas, paneer and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with roti , paratha , naan or jeera rice .