Semiya Payasam Recipe | Vermicelli Payasam Recipe
Semiya Payasam Recipe - It is a traditional Indian dessert prepared with vermicelli cooked in milk and topped with cashews and raisins .
Ingredients for Semiya Payasam
- 200 gm Semiya or vermicelli
- 25 ml ghee
- 2 liter milk
- 100 gm sugar
- 100 gm cashew nuts
- 25 gm Golden raisins
- 3 gm Green cardamom powder
How to cook the recipe
- Heat the ghee and fry the vermicelli until golden brown.
- Fry the cashews & raisins separately, until they all turn golden brown. Remove them from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add milk and boil for 5 minutes and cook the vermicelli until it becomes soft.
- Mix the sugar and stir till the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cardamom powder.
- Turn off the stove and add cashews and raisins .
- Serve hot or warm.