Fried rice is a popular street food in Asia. In some Asian countries, small restaurants, street vendors and traveling hawkers specialize in serving fried rice. Many popular varieties of fried rice have their own specific list of ingredients.
Fried rice is also seen on the menus of American restaurants offering cuisines with no native tradition of the dish. Schezwan fried rice are made of cooked rice is the primary ingredient,such as vegetables, eggs, carrot, beans, spring green onion, capsicum,cabbage,and soy sauce.
For more fried rice recipes
For more variety rice recipes
Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe | How to Make Schezwan Fried Rice
Ingredients for Schezwan Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon Schezwan sauce
- 1½ cups short grain Basmati rice soaked for 20 minutes and drained
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium carrot
- 6-8 beans
- 1 medium green capsicum
- ½ medium cabbage
- 3-4 spring onion greens
- 1 tablespoon oil
- White pepper powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 5-6 cups water in a deep non-stick pan. Add salt and bring to a boil. Add rice, mix lightly, cover and cook till rice is ¾th done, stirring occasionally. Strain in a colander, spread on a plate and set aside to cool.
- Chop carrot, beans, capsicum, cabbage, and spring onion greens.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped vegetables and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Schezwan sauce, pepper powder and mix. Add cooked rice and toss well.
- Add half the spring onion greens, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add vinegar and mix well.
- Garnish with remaining chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.