Sambar Recipe for Dosa & Idli | How to make Sambar
Sambar Recipe for Dosa & Idli -It is a hot and spicy lentil soup with mixed vegetables,is a must have accompaniment for popular South Indian Recipe .
Ingredients for Sambar Recipe
- 1/4 cup Toor dal
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- curry leaves few
- Salt for taste
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chili
- 1 tbsp sambar powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- coriander leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Wash the toor dal in water and boil with turmeric powder & 4 cups water for 5 whistles .Boil it becomes soft and mushy .
- Dissolve tamarind paste in 1/4 cup of warm water and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan .Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds and curry leaves.Let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add dry red chili and cook for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and tomatoes and saute for few mins.
- Then add sambar powder and tamarind paste and salt to taste and cook for 5 mins.
- Then add the boiled toor dal and water mix well and cook for 10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Idli or dosa or plain rice.