Rice Kheer Recipe | Rice Pudding Recipe
Rice Kheer Recipe - Rich and creamy rice pudding, this rice kheer is a classic Indian dessert which is flavored with nuts, and saffron!
Ingredients for Rice Kheer
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1/2 Cup Basmati Rice
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3-4 Cardamom crushed
- 10-12 Almonds cut into pieces
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts cut into pieces
How to cook the recipe
- Boil the milk in a deep pan. After the milk gets boiled, turn the heat to low.
- Wash rice 3-4 times and put them into the boiling milk.
- Allow it to simmer on low flame for at least half an hour till the rice is cooked. Stir it in between at regular intervals to ensure that the mixture does not stick to the bottom and gets burnt.
- The mixture will start to thicken when the rice has been cooked and the volume of the milk gets reduced.
- Add Sugar to the mixture, stir and boil it for a couple of minutes.
- Now switch off the flame and add crushed Cardamom, and small pieces of Almond and Cashews.
- Rice Kheer is ready. Garnish it with dry fruits before serving. It tastes delicious when eaten both hot and cold.
- Serve hot or chilled .