Mango rice can be had as a lunch time special. It is made from freshly grated raw mangoes and seasoned lightly with spices. It can be served with fried Papads or potato chips. Its made for Ugadi festival. Its a yummy lunch box recipe as well.
we prepared this mango rice with simple ingredients for best taste use grated mango and add green chilli according to taste.
For more variety rice recipes
How to Make Raw Mango Rice Recipe South Indian Style
Ingredients for mango rice
- 1/2 cup grated Raw Mango
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- Salt to taste
- A few Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp fried peanut
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 dry red chilli
- 2 Green chilli
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder
- A few Curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Heat 1 tbsp of Oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, once they splutter, add urad dal, peanut, dry red chili, green chili, turmeric powder, Asafoetida powder, Curry leaves and mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now turn off the stove, add the Cooked Rice & mix with the tempered ingredients and add Salt to taste.
- Now add the grated Raw Mango & mix gently. Add till you get the desired sour taste.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves.
- Your raw mango rice is ready.