Rava Upma recipe | South Indian Recipe
Rava Upma recipe - Upma is a delicious south indian breakfast recipe. It is so easy to make and can be done in 10 mins.
Ingredients for Rava Upma
- 1 cup /rava /sooji
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 green chili chopped
- few curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp urdal dal
- salt to taste
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 onion finely chopped
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan.once the oil is hot add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.Let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add the green chili and urdal dal and cook for few seconds .
- Add the chopped onion and saute until they are translucent.
- Add 2.5 cups of water and salt.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the rava and stir continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Mix it well.Cover and cook over a medium low flame for 7 minutes
- Switch off the heat, remove the lid, give it a stir.
- Serve the rava upma with any chutney.