Paneer is the most common type of cheese used in traditional cuisines from indian subcontinent. Paneer is excellent in Indian dishes.It is actually made from curdled milk. Paneer is prepared by adding food acid, such as lemon juice, vinegar, citric acid or yogurt, to hot milk to separate the curds from the whey. The curds are drained in muslin or cheesecloth and the excess water is pressed out. The resulting paneer is dipped in chilled water for 2–3 hours to improve its texture and appearance.
In India, we used to prepare wide varieties of paneer by changing some its ingredients. Below are the few different types of paneer which I got to know from my friends from different states of India.
- Palak Paneer.
- Paneer Tikka.
- Paneer Tikka Masala.
- Paneer Bhurji.
- Kadai Paneer.
- Paneer Pakora.
- Paneer 65.
- Rasgulla and many more
Paneer Recipe | How To Make Paneer At Home
Ingredients Homemade Paneer
- 1 litre of full fat milk
- 2 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
How to cook the recipe
- Boil full fat milk.
- In a bowl mix vinegar and water.
- Once the milk comes to an boil give it a light stir and turn off the flame.
- Let the milk cool down for five minutes and take off the foam formed on top.
- Now add the vinegar water into the milk while stirring very slowly.
- Paneer will curdle into lumps
- Keep a colander over the bowl and place Muskan Cloth over it.
- Paneer is cooled down completely.
- Drain it through the colander, but don't squeeze.
- Take all the ends of cloth together and tie a knot, hang it somewhere for an hour.
- Remove paneer from the cloth and place it on a dry napkin.
- Gently massage the paneer against the cloth to make the paneer smooth.
- Add corn flour the paneer and keep massaging the paneer.
- Bring everything together and make a ball.
- Place it into the center of napkin and now fold the napkin into a square.
- Take a plate and place over the slab of paneer for five minutes.
- Gently pick up the paneer and refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Paneer is nice and firm and ready to cut.