Pumpkin also known as butternut squash gourd is one of those mouth watering curry. Pumpkin is very nutritious. It has vitamins that are essential to us. It is very easy to prepare this curry and also very delicious to savoir with rice or roti.
For more recipes
How to make Pumpkin Masala Recipe
Ingredients Pumpkin Masala
- 1 cup Pumpkin washed and cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- 2 split green Chili
- few curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 tsp red Chili Powder
- Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Add oil in a pan, once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, once they splutter, add cumin seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and green chilli and stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute them until the onions become little translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add pumpkin and mix well till pumpkin pieces are coated well with the masalas.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook it for about 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Open the lid, and mix it again for few seconds.
- If you want more soft to cook pumpkin cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.