Potato fry is simple and quick to make recipe. Potato is used to prepare multiple dishes from various cuisines.
Few of them are
- French fries
- Potato wedges
- Baked potatoes
- Potato curry
- Hash Brown Potatoes
- Potato bonda
- Poori masala and many more.
More potato recipes
Also potato fry is a very good side dish for the below main dishes. Do checkout
Potato fry recipe | Aloo fry Recipe | How to make potato fry recipe
Potato fry recipe - Indian style home made potato fry is a spicy and crispy side dish for rice varieties. It is easy and simple side dish.
- 2 yellow potato
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/5 tsp coriander powder
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Once the oil turns hot, add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Add curry leaves and mix. Immediately add the cubed potatoes. Saute on high heat for 2 to 3 mins.
- Reduce to medium heat and cook for 4 to 5 mins, mixing the contents once.
- Reduce heat to low, place lid and cook till the potatoes turn soft, approx 15 mins. You can mix the contents once during this cooking process.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and salt and mix. Stir fry without lid on high flame for 3 to 4 mins and toss the potatoes well till turn they attain a golden crisp exterior.
- Turn off heat and serve with rice, dal or rasam