Poondu Milagu Kulambu Recipe | South Indian
Poondu Milagu Kulambu Recipe - It is spicy and tangy,at the same time garlic adds a lot of flavour to the curry.
Ingredients for Poondu Milagu Kulambu
- 1/4 cup Small onion / Shallots
- 1/4 cup Tamarind
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Jaggery Optional
- Salt – As needed
To sautee and grind
- 2 tbsp Black pepper
- 4 Red chilli
- 1/4 cup Garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 3 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Fenugreek seeds / vendhayam
- 1 tbsp Mustard
How to cook the recipe
- In a kadai, heat a tsp of oil and add pepper, red chili first, give it a stir and then cumin seeds and garlic. fry for a minute and add onion, tomato, curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes in medium flame. If you like whole garlic in your kulambu, you can add 2/4th garlic and sautee just 1/4th of the garlic.
- Cool down and grind to a paste. Add little water if needed. Extract tamarind pulp by soaking it in hot water for 30 mins, with a cup of water.
- Heat oil, temper with the items given under ‘To temper’ . Add peeled onion and fry till golden. Add whole garlic if you have add in first step.
- Add tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric, jaggery and boil for 2 minutes. Add ground paste and add more water 1 & 1/2 cups and mix well.
- Boil until thick for 5 minutes and transfer to the serving bowl.