Garlic chutney is super spicy and flavourful best with idli / dosa / even rotis. We can make this garlic chutney and store in for weeks in the refrigerator. Garlic chutney is very good for digestion and red chilli is good for heart and cholesterol control.
For more chutney recipes
Poondu Chutney Recipe | Red Chilli Garlic Chutney Recipe | Dry Garlic Chutney Recipe | Lasun Chutney Recipe
Ingredients for Garlic Chutney
- 10 Shallots | small onion
- 15 Garlic
- 15 Red chili
- Tamarind a small gooseberry sized
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves few
How to cook the recipe
- Peel the skin of garlic and shallots .
- Soak the tamarind in water for 5 minutes.
- In a pan add 1 tbsp of oil, once the oil is hot add small onion, garlic and dry red chilli and saute it for 5-7 minutes. switch of the flame, let them cool. Once the mixture has cool down, add tamarind let's grind it into paste and transfer in a serving bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let them splutter and pour over chutney and mix well.
- Your garlic chutney is ready to be served.
- Serve with hot idlis or dosa.