Pavakkai Puli Kulambu Recipe | Bitter Gourd Curry
Pavakkai Puli Kulambu Recipe - It is ready when the Pavakkai pieces (Bitter gourd ) is going to be so filled with spices and tastly .
Ingredients for Pavakkai Puli Kulambu
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 onion
- 200 g Bitter gourd pavakkai sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- a tsp Jaggery or Sugar
- 1 Lemon sized Tamarind puli
- Water as needed
How to cook the recipe
- Soak tamarind(puli) in water for 10 mins. Squeeze and extract the juice, keep aside.Peel the shallots and cut the pavakkai thinly.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, fenugreek seeds, Once the mustard seeds started splutter add curry leaves.
- Add onion , bitter gourd(pavakkai) and tomatoes and saute for 15 mins till it slightly turns golden.
- Add tamarind extract and mix well.
- Add in spice powders like turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder,salt and mix well.
- dilute the jaggery in water or add directly to the kuzhambu and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil, simmer for 10 to 15 mins till the oil oozses on top.
- Puli kuzhambu is ready now you can Serve with steamed rice.