Paruppu Payasam is a traditional South Indian Payasam made with moong dal (pasi paruppu )and jaggery. It is served as dessert after the meal during the festive season. This is one of the healthy payasam recipe. Made with coconut milk, cashewnuts, raisins,and jaggery.
For more dessert recipes
How to Make Yellow Moong Dal Payasam Recipe | Paruppu payasam Recipe
Ingredients for paruppu payasam
- 1 cup split skinless green gram moong dal
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
- few raisins
- few cashewnuts
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped jaggery
How to cook the recipe
- Heat ghee in a pan , add cashewnuts, raisins, and saute till lightly browned. keep it aside.
- Dry roast split green gram in a pressure cooker till lightly browned.Add 4 cup water and mix well .Cover the cooker and cook under pressure on low heat till the 5-6 whistles.
- Open the lid when the pressure reduces completely.Add jaggery and mix well .Cook till the jaggery melts.
- Add coconut milk and mix well .cook on medium heat till the mixture thickens.
- Add a pinch of green cardamom powder,raisins,and cashewnuts and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with some cashewnuts.