Paruppu Poli Recipe | How to Make Sweet Poli
Paruppu Poli Recipe - Paruppu Poli is also known as Puran Poli is a very famous diwali sweet.There are two main variations of sweet poli they differ in their stuffing one is stuffed with coconut and other is stuffed with channa dal.
Ingredients for Paruppu Poli
- 1 cup maida / All purpose flour
- pinch of turmeric powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup Channa dal / kadalai paruppu
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
How to cook the recipe
- First lets start off with dough add maida,turmeric powder,salt and gradually add water and knead it into a soft dough .
- Once the dough is ready apply some oil to coat the surface of the dough and allow it to rest for minimum of 1 hours.
- To make sweet filling cook channa dal / kadalai paruppu and then add jaggery and cook it until the mixture thickens up and also add 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Now take a small portion of the dough and spread it and place the sweet mixture at the center and cover it with the dough.
- And roll it into a thin sheet.Now in a pan apply some ghee and place the poli and cook it for few mins on each side on a medium heat.
- Serve the Paruppu Poli.