Palak Sambar Recipe | Spinach Sambar Recipe
Palak Sambar Recipe - Palak sambar is prepared using palak leaves and lentils.This is a very tasty sambar recipe prepared using palak leaves or spinach leaves
Ingredients for Palak Sambar
- 1 cup Palak / Spinach
- 1/3 cup Toor dal
- 1/5 tsp Sambar powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 onion
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 Red chili
How to cook the recipe
- Wash and chop palak roughly. Soak tamarind in 1 cup water.
- Pressure cook toor dal in enough water and mash it.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Temper and saute onion, curry leaves.
- Saute palak and add tamarind extract, sambar powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Let it boil for a minute. Add the cooked dal and boil for few minutes.
- Serve the palak sambar with plain rice or idli or dosa .